Early Concussion Assessment and Treatment (ECAT)
This program focuses on early assessment, education, and reassurance with focused intervention as needed to facilitate a safe and durable return to work for injured workers with confirmed or suspected concussions.
Easy Allied Health Provides Insurance-Covered Therapy, Billed Directly To Your Insurance Provider.
WorksafeBC - Early Concussion Assessment and Treatment (ECAT)
Service providers develop an individualized treatment plan to address the specific needs of each worker in the program. Treatment plans may include:
Our Rehabilitation Services
- PT and OT Clinical Services
- Up to a total of 12 Physiotherapy and/or Occupational Therapy sessions over 30 Business Days
- Maximum of 90 minutes per day
- Sessions will include physiotherapy, vestibular, cognitive, and functional exercises based on needs
- Self-management approaches will be provided, help you manage your symptoms, and promote recovery from your concussion
Our Return to Work Services
- Gradual Return to Work (GRTW)
- OT will work with you and your employer to develop a GRTW Plan, for a period of up to 6 weeks.
- The program will include particular responsibilities and functions that are within your abilities, with rest breaks, pacing strategies, and gradual progressions over time.
- We will discuss the return to work goal with you in advance; typically, the plan will be to return to your regular job duties and hours.
- You will be in regular contact with your Occupational therapist to examine any obstacles or issues at work, problem-solving solutions, and review self-management techniques.
Purpose of the ECAT Program
Our Early Concussion Assessment and Treatment program will equip you with systems to better handle your symptoms, improve your cognitive (thinking) and physical function, and promote recovery from your concussion.
In addition, the therapy team will work with you and others involved in your rehabilitation to find the best resolution for a supported return to work.
Why would I be admitted to ECAT?
After completing the Intake Assessment, your therapy team will work with you to customize your ECAT Program to approach your needs and conditions and create procedures and plans to support your return to work.