specialized services for older adults
We help seniors get out of pain so that they can remain fit, healthy and mobile.
Pain or injury? Get it checked out
Rehabilitation & Fitness Services For Seniors
Getting older doesn’t mean you must live with pain and restricted mobility. Instead of relying on painkillers and avoiding activity, Easy Allied Health offers you a chance to improve your quality of life with expert physical therapy treatments.
Why Choose Geriatric Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a non-surgical solution for managing your pain and rehabilitation. Plus, it can deliver vital health benefits. Compared to other treatment options, this low-cost therapy is a smart choice for seniors because it helps you avoid surgery, regain mobility, and strengthen your cardiovascular system.
Why Is This Type of Geriatric Therapy So Effective?
Easy Allied Health is successful because of the stellar performance of our dedicated, licensed physical therapists. While adhering to the highest standards, our clinicians use their advanced training and education to deliver optimal care to our clients.
Recently, medical studies have revealed that physical therapy can be as effective as surgery in supplying relief from pain. These findings show an exceptionally high benefit for patients who suffer from lower back pain due to spinal stenosis. Plus, since the adverse risks of surgery increase with age, these study results are very relevant to geriatric patients’ treatment options.
Some of the many conditions our physical therapists can effectively treat are:
- Spinal Related Problems: We help with neck and back pain due to bulging discs, whiplash, stenosis, calcium build-ups, and other causes.
- Joint Replacement: Our therapists help you rehab the joint to the best possible functionality.
- Automobile Injuries: After a car accident, you’ll need physiotherapy, kinesiology, and occupational therapy. We supply it all with our ICBC program.
- Hip and Knee Disorders: We can work with you pre or post-surgery.
- Active Rehabilitation: Proper physical therapy is crucial to recovery.
What Are the Benefits
Along with relieving debilitating pain without surgery or potent drugs, physical therapy can increase your range of motion and flexibility. The added freedom of movement allows you to exercise more with fewer restrictions. As a result, you can achieve higher lung capacity, increased strength, and more vitality.
Even more beneficial, physical therapy can help you regain the use of a body part rendered unusable because of injury, illness, or stroke. Rehabilitation can produce some fantastic results.
Another vital benefit of geriatric physical therapy is the lower cost. According to a study by the Moran Company, physical therapy cost 18% less than injections and 50% less than surgery over a year. Plus, seeing a physical therapist first can save you 50% in total cost than a primary physician or orthopedic surgeon.
What You Can Expect
You can expect immediate and personalized attention from our clinical team. When you consider that the average wait to see a doctor is twenty-four days, you can save many days of pain by choosing to see us first. Depending on your condition, our therapists help by doing the following.
- Interviewing you to find out about your present physical state and your symptoms.
- Pinpointing the source of your movement issues and developing a treatment strategy.
- Showing you how to execute the therapeutic exercises.
- Employing massage or stimulation to advance healing.
- Helping you learn how to use wheelchairs and walkers correctly.
- Managing your records while monitoring your goals and progress.
- Preparing you and your family for an in-home therapy program.
Want to know more about geriatric therapy? Here are commonly asked questions about the process.
Yes. The Easy Allied Health team has the expertise to treat chronic pain, a complex syndrome that involves many of your body’s systems. They will address every aspect of your chronic pain, such as:
- By easing nervous system sensitivity, our therapist can lower your pain threshold.
- They will attempt to identify the cause of your chronic pain, which can stem from digestive problems, toxicity, blunt force trauma, or a direct injury.
- They collaborate with various traditional and alternative physicians to provide the best pain management plan for you.
- Prescribe the right amount of light exercise to stimulate healing without contributing to the problem.
Our team also has numerous years of collective experience in treating fibromyalgia, myofascial, and chronic fatigue.
The licensed health professionals at Easy Allied Health can provide in-clinic or at-home physiotherapy and rehabilitation treatments. We will visit your office, home, hospital, care home, aquatic center, or gym.
Physical therapy is compatible with many forms of treatments given by various providers, including nutritionists and naturopaths. As a practice, our therapists collaborate with other health professionals to enhance your recovery.
We design our physical therapy to avoid pain. When your pain level increases, it causes a chain reaction that restricts and alters your range of motion. As the pain cycle continues, it can lead to further injury by causing you to move in awkward patterns. We avoid this condition by prescribing exercises that strengthen your muscles without contributing to the problem.
You don’t have to endure your pain or limited motion any longer. To get an assessment, schedule an appointment today at Easy Allied Health. We serve both Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam, plus the surrounding areas.
We provide customized Physiotherapy for Retirement Homes, Rehabilitation and Fitness Programs across the Lower Mainland.